Get a sick note for work

The National Health Service (NHS) offers sickness certification only after a person has been suffering from an illness or injury for a continuous period of seven days. This means that if you require a sick note to cover this period of absence from work, you will need to complete a Self-Certification (SC2) form. You can obtain this form from your employer or find it online at the HMRC website.

Please contact the GP surgery as you normally would for a routine appointment as it may be necessary to arrange to discuss your request with a GP.

No. You do not need to see your GP again to be ‘signed back to work’.